In the village there are three community centers giving place to local or guest performances, local forums and familial events.
Each three settlements have their own library ; in Cheşereu there is a communal library . The village days were organized for the first time in the year 2002 in Cherechiu, in 2003 in Cheşereu and in 2004 in Târguşor; these occasions give place to many regular or casual cultural and sport events.
Other important (monument or memorial) buildings besides the reformed church, respectively the two roman-catholic churches, are: the ruined Fráter estate in Târguşor built in the 1600's , respectively the Fehér castle in Cheşereu (the former Kuthy castle).
There is a public monument in Cheşereu: the one that got to be known as the monument in honor of the Russian solder , which is in fact a monument of the First World War built in 1944, and from which there were taken the tablets with the unknown inscriptions. There are though many tablets to be found in the reformed church of Che ş ereu : in honor of the victims of the First and Second World Wars, of Dajka János of Cheşereu, the one-time reformed bishop and the tablets commemorating the extension of the church in the year 1800 and other ulterior church extensions.
In Cherechiu is situated the so-called German grave-yard (in Hungarian: német-temető ) on parcel called German-hill (in Hungarian Német-domb ), behind the elementary school. The Austrian German soldiers killed in action were buried here in 1604, after the victorious battle of Bocskai and his men in Álmosd and Diószeg.
According the saga there was a monastery on the parcel called Kisasszony-szőlője ( the lady's vine-yard ): Erzsébet, the sister of Báthori Gábor has been closed into it; the monastery has been destroyed by the request of her brother.
The reformed parish from Târguşor
The building of the reformed school can be dated to the 1500's. The first reformed priest known for sure is Debreceni István (in 1633).
In the old place of the village there was also a church built of stone with a grave-yard that in 1700 was still standing and which later shatters. By later grave-diggings there are found many clothes. The Fráter family might have also been buried in the vault of this church.
It is not known the precise year of the building of the reformed school, but it is known for sure that in the year 1699 the already existing school had no rector. This function is going to be filled by master Győri, who marries the daughter of the preacher Debreceni István.
The current reformed church is built in 1790; in 1894 the church gets a new steeple, this is when it gets its final form. The vicarage is built in 1886.
The organ is the creation of the master Kerékgyártó István of Debrecen from the year 1903; currently it is in non-usable stage. The silver cups of the church are from the years 1712 and 1902.
Székely István is the priest of the parish from the year 1985.
The roman-catholic parish from Târguşor
In 1336 and 1337 the priest of Târgu ş or called János pays 4 4 coppers pontifical tithe, in 1552 the then priest of the village pays 3 forints for the Council of Trent. It is going to become ecclesiastical estate by the time of Ladislau IV (1272 - 1290), who donates it to the provostship of Premonstratensians of Váradhegyfok, respectively Váradelőhegy (promontorium) founded by Stephen II at about 1130. Târgu ş or (1382) is one of the oldest estates of Bihor County . In 1552 it is the property of the first martyr chapter Saint Stephen of Oradea , the descendants of the provostship. In 1569 Târgu ş or is already secular property.
In 1784 Szenczy István, prebend of Prémontré, the administrator of the provostship from Váradhegyfok re-founds the parish. By this time the time of the first census in Târgu ş or there are only 45 Catholics of the 1138 inhabitants.
The nowadays ruined castle built by Fráter István in 1600, in 1848 is already the property of the Premonstratensians; it is proved by the fact that by this time they are hiding here the rebels as in an abbey summer residence.
The new church is built by the provost of Prémontré in 1894, by the time of provost of Benedek Ferenc O.Praem. The one-time medieval church must have certainly been placed on the elevation called puszta falu (meaning: deserted village ). The school and the chorister's house were built in 1896.
In 1950 the settlement still has a parson of Prémontré in the person of Lukovics Gellért O.Praem. Beginning from 1972 Che ş ereu, respectively Adony functions the parsonage. In the 80's, by the time of Németh László, the church is renewed in the inside, and in the 90's it follows the renovation of the exterior of the church.
Nowadays the parish is in the administration of the Order of Prémontré again, in the property of the provost of Váradhegyfok named after Saint Stephen, under the abbey of Ft. Fejes Anzelm Rudolf abbot and provost-prelate. The parish is also functioned by the parson of Adony.
The saint's-day of the church from Târgu ş or is on the 15th of august, on the feast day of the Assumption of Mary.
The reformed parish of Cheşereu
In 1560 the whole village is already reformed. In 1587 the village already has an organized reformed parish; by this time it functions a faith-based school too.
The earliest known priest of Cheşereu is Laki Márton (1600). The first known is Ölvendi István from the year 1772. The first parish records are from 1765, the first presbytery records are from the year 1808.
During the years the thatched vicarage of the village built in 1776 undergoes several renewals. We can only know about the ancient church, that in 1779 the belfry is repaired and shingled, and in 1784 the ceiling of the ancient church is renewed.
In 1849, by the time of the war of independence the 180 squid bell is donated for cannon casting.
The community is founded with the management of Dalárdája Virágh Sándor in 1926.
Balaskó Vilmos (1937 1940) is a curate near Orosz Lajos priest and landowner; at the 50's he is arrested and condemned together with a group from Valea lui Mihai lead by Sass Kálmán, the priest of Valea lui Mihai.
In 1958 the relatives place a memorial tablet under the tower in honor of the heroes of the first and second World War.
The church is totally renewed on the inside and outside in the year 1981. The third school secularized in 1948 is given back to the community in 1995 and it is turned into an assembly house. In September of the same year there is set up a memorial tablet on the interior wall of the church to the honor of Dajka János (1580 1633) of Keserű, the sometime bishop borne in Che ş ereu. In 2004 the art relic organ is totally renewed and the wooden loft is rebuilt.
The oldest ecclesial object of the community is of Slovak origin from the year 1597.
From the year 2003 Oroszi Kálmánné Zih Magda is the priest of the village.
The roman-catholic parish from Cheşereu
In the 14th century Che ş ereu is the property of the bishop of Oradea . In the 15th century the affirmed bishop of Oradea might have a chapel on the Püspökdomb, surrounded by the graveyard. In the Middle Ages with the spreading of the reformation it becomes reformed; in 1800 it is enlarged.
In 1772 owing to the minim strolling priest Kelemen Didák there might have been a chapel in Cheşereu. Between 1740 and 1744 there is built a new chapel, yet to the honor of Blessed Virgin Mary.
The parish is reorganized in 1755. Its first known parish priest is Komáromi István. Before the reorganization, in the year 1740 Keserü György, the later prebend of Oradea , has also been the parish priest of Cheşereu. The first parish records are from the year 1773.
In 1777 Adony, belonging to Che ş ereu becomes a vicarage.
In 1810 there is built a tower to the church, on the place of which there was a mill. The bishop Lajcsák Ferenc builds a new church between 1831 and 1840. The organ of the church reaches completion in 1839.
Between 1817 and 1858 Gyitkay Imre is the priest; he is for the longest period of time (41 years) serving parish priest in Che ş ereu, who is the first to use the Hungarian language in the parish register.
In 1895 Schlauch Lőrinc cardinal-bishop re-decks the church and its tower on his own costs. In spite of the repeated requests, the sequelae do not contribute to the building.
On the painting of the high altar of the church there are illustrated Saint Ann and the Blessed Virgin Mary. The side-altar of the Virgin from Lourdes is from the year 1891. The statue of Saint Anthony of Padua and the sculpture of Jesus' heart were donated to the church at the beginning of the 1900's. In 1939 there is built holy grave at the entrance of the church to give place to the memorials from the Passion Week and for celebrations.
In 1859 Krajnik Alajos, landowner in Debrecen and Simian assumes the costs of the setting up of the statue in Simian to the centenary of the death of his uncle, Kazinczy Ferenc, writer and neologist.
The church had three bells, but after the World War there is only one left: a small bell cast in Pest in the year 1743. Besides there is also a passing-bell to be found in the tower, with the Latin inscription: "Vivos Voco / Mortus Sepulero / Fulgura Frango", which means: I call for living / I bury the dead / I ease the thunder .
The known parish priests from the re-formation of the parish are: Komáromi István (1755 1760); Kiss Gáspár and (Demse Pál (2004-).
In the last years, it is the parish priest of Adony or the local one, who takes care of the vicarage of Che ş ereu.
The saint's day of the church is the 26th of July, the day of Saint Anna's celebration, which since 2003 also gives place to the days of the village Chesereu.
The reformed parish from Cherechiu
In the 14th century the settlement is already mentioned by the name Egyházaskereki (meaning: church owner Kereki ), alluding to the existing church. It is only known the church-building from the middle of the 15th century, when in the place called Nagykereki there is built a church in honor of Blessed Virgin Mary; by this time there is a chapel in Kereki.
Cherechiu joins the new religion by the time of Secueni's reformation, in 1530. Its parish has not been re-organized even till then. Its reformed school might have been organized already in 1540. In 1576 it is already am organized reformed parish.
Soon after the reformation there might have been built a church at the Telek-hill. The second church made of wood is built on the place of the new village.
The current reformed church is built between 1801 and 1802.
The latest total renovation of the inside and outside of the church was in 1978. The thatched vicarage built in 1770 is replaced by a new one built in 1881.
The first parish records of the reformed church are from the year 1770.
The keeping of the records begins in 1794. The first known caretaker of the community is Pap Ferenc in 1770; the first known chorister teacher is: Fazekas István between 1794 and 1799. Its 6 platform scales weight bell was made in 1793. The first reformed priests in Cherechiu are Miskolczy Gergely (1682-), ... Bozsoky Sándor (1976-).